Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inspriational Films

Ok, so I've seen this movie before but i bought it and watched it again last night. Waltz with Bashir is a fantastic movie; The story line is interesting, the shot compositions are very well thought out and the aesthetic is really nice. The intense contrast of color and light and dark make the whole film very dramatic. Overall, it is a blend of live action, flash puppetry, traditional animation and 3d animation. A perfect blend of the three. This is the first animation documentary film that I really like.





Two movies I'm really looking forward to. They have an interesting aesthetic. I less pixarish approach. The animation is very pose to pose and the overall look is less aimed at mimicking realism. The character designs are very unique as well. They have some crazy proportions.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9wtdwgeok




and some very beautiful shorts that I found.



2 comments:

  1. Oh! I just rented that movie, but haven't watched it yet. So it is good? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I just watched Waltz with Bashir. It was really awesome.

    ReplyDelete